This post was last updated on August 9th, 2019 at 09:17 pm
KONE, a global leader in the elevator and escalator industry needed to track and monitor high value assets to enable their location and condition to be known at all times. The assets in question are classified as VOK doors which are used to prevent entry to a lift shaft before the car has been installed. CoreRFID recommended the installation of an Ultra High Frequency (UHF) RFID solution incorporating their CheckedOK software designed for the inspection and maintenance of assets. Previously inspection details were recorded using a paper based system which was slow, cumbersome and failed to deliver the management information required to track these high value items.
The system has been in live operation for 8 months and KONE have significantly improved the efficiency of their business processes. The key benefits realised from this successful implementation are;
- Inspection details are now captured in a more timely manner
- Costs are reduced as less administrative effort is now required to capture inspection data
- Photographs of any damaged assets are used to identify and schedule repairs, avoiding the risk of failure
- A complete history, of asset movements and inspections, is immediately available via the internet
- Automatic alerts are triggered, enabling preventative action to be taken to avoid potential accidents
If you are interested how RFID technology can help in controlling the assets of your organisation? Contact us for an exploratory discussion; we will be pleased to provide guidance and advice.