Straightpoint, manufacturers and suppliers of lifting equipment for 40 years have implemented a bespoke load testing inspection system, ‘Proof Test Plus’. Load testing is an important process for users of lifting equipment. They are designed to ensure that items are able to perform to the required standard, in accordance with internal and external regulatory requirements. Proof Test Plus was designed by CoreRFID after a careful and considerate consultation with Straightpoint, based on their specific requirements.
Prior to implementing Proof Test Plus, Straightpoint’s out-dated and time consuming pen and paper based methods were causing them numerous issues. Some inspectors, who were conducting load tests with pen and paper, had to hand write up to 30 certificates a day. This resulted in customers often being left waiting for days, or even weeks, for the results of the load test. Coupled with the fact that mistakes and errors often turned up into the results, Straightpoint have been glad to remove this archaic system.
Since implementing Proof Test Plus, Straightpoint have been able to realise the following benefits accross their load testing procedures;
- Reports can be immediately printed out directly as a PDF, or electronically transmitted, along with a certificate of testing.
- Provides essential audit trail of tests carried out
- Removal of pen and paper methods has increased speed and efficiency of tests
- Improved safety due to removal of pen and paper based mistakes
- Provides real time accurate data on test conducted
- Reports can be immediately printed out directly as a PDF, or electronically transmitted, along with a certificate of testing
If you are interested in implementing a similar system, please contact CoreRFD here.